Both the timber pods and bell tents are well equipped for luxury outdoor living. Relax on your own private patio whilst gazing at the amazing views on the two laid back comfy chairs or take a dip in your log fuelled hot tub. When the night falls and all is silent, listen to the crackle and pop of the wood burning in your fire pit as you tell tales to your loved ones. Staying at Catgill Campsite is an incredible glamping experience that is hard to beat.
Our pods have been creatively designed to ensure your stay is truly unforgettable. From the moment you arrive you will be surrounded by luxury in one of our 6 uniquely styled pods. They each have their own unique woodland scheme and inside you will find a small fitted kitchen wet room and comfortable seating area. An amazing Yorkshire Glamping experience!
Our 2 bell tents are designed with luxury in mind, they have been uniquely furnished and accessorised. Each has a handcrafted, king size driftwood bed with duvet, pillows, cushions and throws. A small sink with fresh drinking water is provided and each tent can sleep up to a family of 4 with futons for the kids. Our glamping tents are a fantastic choice for your stay in Yorkshire
Wood FiredHot Tubs
Relax in your private hot tub, gazing at the amazing panoramic views of North Yorkshire. When the sun sets you will be surrounded by the beauty of the dark, star lit skies that the Yorkshire Dales is renowned for. Each of our luxury timber glamping pods and bell tents has its own log-fired hot tub located outside on a private patio.
The best in YorkshireGlamping
Our glamping accommodation is the very best way to experience the stunning North Yorkshire views and to have a truly luxurious break.
We have both superior bell tents and stunning, bespoke timber pods, log fuelled hot tubs and cast-iron fire pits with pizza ovens.
Whatever your style and whatever you want from a holiday, our Yorkshire glamping experience is unrivalled.
Highly Rated by Campsites.co.ukTripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2018CoolCamping Certificate of Excellence
Outstanding views from your private hot tub
The ultimate outdoor glamping experience
Outstanding views from your Private Hot Tub
Each of our luxury timber glamping pods and bell tents has its own log-fired hot tub located outside your accommodation on your private patio. The heat is generated through a log burner for an extremely authentic and eco friendly experience.
- Our timber hot tubs are fuelled by sustainable wood
- 2-3 hours to heat from cold
- Stays warm for up to 14 hours
- Accommodates 4 to 6 people
- We offer a fire starter kit that includes matches, fire lighters, kindling and 1 bag of logs for £15 which will be delivered to your accommodation for your arrival
- Extra logs are available at reception for £7 per bag and are delivered to you
- The hot tubs take 3 bags of logs to get up to temperature
- Full information for the operation and use of the hot tub will be provided by email prior to arrival and detailed in our welcome pack
Read Instructions for Hot Tub
Guests must follow the user instructions within the guest information book located in your pod or bell tent. The hot tubs are log fuelled and take 2-3 hours to heat. Bring your swimmers and get ready to chill out in your own wood-fired hot tub. The tub is located on your private patio at the side of your pod or bell tent, with stunning views down the Wharfe Valley. The wooden tub, with a plastic liner, has generous seating inside. The inside of your tub lights up at night with subtle LEDs.
Can I bring my own wood for the hot tub or fire pit? Guests are not allowed bring their own wood or charcoal to use on the fire pit. We only use sustainably sourced timber which you can purchase from reception.
Hot Tub User Guide
- Please shower with soap and water before and after using the hot tub. Showering before use washes away many of the common skin bacteria and removes lotions, deodorants, creams, etc., which reduce the effectiveness of the spa sanitizer which disinfects the water.
- Never use glass near or in the hot tub, as broken glass can cause a risk to people in bare feet and is very difficult to see within the hot tub water.
- Always replace the lid when the tub is not in use.
- Don't touch the chimney or wood-burning stove (except for the door handle) as they may be very hot.
- Do not tamper with the hot tub other than as described in the user guide. If any fault or damage occurs with the hot tub, please contact reception as soon as possible. Damage caused to any part of the hot tub will need to be paid for by the occupant.
- Hot tubs cannot be used if you are pregnant.
- People with skin, ear, genital or other body infections, open sores, or wounds should not use the hot tub because of the possibility of spreading infection or irritating your condition.
- The use of alcohol, drugs or medication, before or during hot tub use is prohibited.
- Persons suffering from obesity or with a medical history or heart disease, low or high blood pressure, circulation system problems or diabetes, should consult a physician before using the hot tub.
- Persons using medication should consult a physician before using a spa since some medication may induce drowsiness, while other medication may affect heart rate, blood pressure & circulation.
- At 39/40 °C limit your time in the hot tub to a maximum of 20 minutes, as extending this time can affect your inner organs and cause fever like conditions.
- Never use the hot tub alone. Take care when entering and leaving the hot tub. When leaving the hot tub leg muscles may be relaxed enough to make you unsteady.
- Do not use any electrical appliances near or in the hot tub.
- If any fault or damage occurs with the hot tub, please contact the owners at the earliest convenient moment.
- Persons with heart disease, diabetes, low or high blood pressure, or any serious illness should not enter the hot tub without prior consultation with their Doctor.
- Parents are advised that the hot tubs are not suitable for children under the age of four. Children over four should be able to stand in the hot tub with their head fully out of the water.
- The heat of the hot tub water speeds up the effects of alcohol and can cause sleepiness, dizziness and unconsciousness.
- Shaving or other acts of personal hygiene are not allowed in the hot tub.
- Never allow children to use the hot tub unsupervised and when not in use make sure the cover is on and secured.
- Avoid using the hot tub immediately after a heavy meal.
- Take care on the hot tub steps as water from the tub can cause it to be slippery.
Our luxury Yorkshire glamping accomodation nestles on the hillside at the edge of the woodland and has the most amazing views over the valley whilst also being surrounded by beautiful wildlife and nature.
Connected or disconnected? You choose...
We understand that some people like to escape from technology, but for those who can't live without it while you're glamping, your timber pod or bell tent has wifi installed.
A Natural Playground
Kids will love exploring the surrounding woodland, playing games and making friends in the fields around the farm and campsite, keeping them occupied for hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are dog's allowed?No, dogs are not allowed in our Glamping accommodation. Dogs are welcome within our campsite field.
Is a security deposit taken? We take a £150 pre authorisation one week before arrival or at check in for a security deposit which is returned on check out providing there have been no losses or damages. This can take up to 5 days after you have checked out to show in your account.
Can I smoke in the glamping accommodation?Smoking is strictly prohibited in the pods and bell tents. Evidence of smoking will result in your deposit being lost.
What should we do if we lose, break or damage something?An inventory for each pod and bell tent is provided and you should check this on arrival. Items that are missing, broken or damaged during your stay must be paid for. We will make a charge to the booking card for all items not paid for prior to departure, without giving prior notice.
Do we need to clean before we leave?Please leave your glamping accommodation as you found it. A quick clean of the surfaces and a sweep around before you leave will be sufficient. In the kitchen you'll find the required cleaning equipment. Please empty your rubbish bin on departure, the bins are located near reception. Guests who leave a mess will be charged a £15 cleaning fee.
Will our pod or bell tent be cleaned, or bedding changed during our stay?We will only clean or change your bedding if you are staying for a week or longer and you request it.
Can we cook in the pods and bell tents?The pods have a kitchen with a small two-ring ceramic hob with extractor fan, which may be used for preparing light bites, but is not designed for cooking big meals. The bell tents have a log burner with cooking plate. Each pod also has a microwave. Please bear in mind that the pods and bell tents must be left as clean as you found them.
Can we BBQ?Each pod and bell tent has a fire pit including a cooking grill that can be used to bbq. They also feature a pizza oven.
Is there a noise limit?We ask that you are always respectful of the other people staying on site and quiet time is from 10:30pm. Music should be kept to a low level up to this time and turned off after.
How many people can the accommodation sleep?The pods can sleep up to 6 but we recommend no more than 4 adults. The bell tents can sleep up to 4 but we recommend no more than 2 adults.