Both the timber pods and bell tents are well equipped for luxury outdoor living. Relax on your own private patio whilst gazing at the amazing views on the two laid back comfy chairs or take a dip in your log fuelled hot tub. When the night falls and all is silent, listen to the crackle and pop of the wood burning in your fire pit as you tell tales to your loved ones. Staying at Catgill Campsite is an incredible glamping experience that is hard to beat.
Our pods have been creatively designed to ensure your stay is truly unforgettable. From the moment you arrive you will be surrounded by luxury in one of our 10 uniquely styled pods. They each have their own unique woodland scheme and inside you will find a small fitted kitchen wet room and comfortable seating area. An amazing Yorkshire Glamping experience!
Our 2 bell tents are designed with luxury in mind, they have been uniquely furnished and accessorised. Each has a handcrafted, king size driftwood bed with duvet, pillows, cushions and throws. A small sink with fresh drinking water is provided and each tent can sleep up to a family of 4 with futons for the kids. Our glamping tents are a fantastic choice for your stay in Yorkshire
Wood FiredHot Tubs
Relax in your private hot tub, gazing at the amazing panoramic views of North Yorkshire. When the sun sets you will be surrounded by the beauty of the dark, star lit skies that the Yorkshire Dales is renowned for. Each of our luxury timber glamping pods and bell tents has its own log-fired hot tub located outside on a private patio.
The best in YorkshireGlamping
Our glamping accommodation is the very best way to experience the stunning North Yorkshire views and to have a truly luxurious break.
We have both superior bell tents and stunning, bespoke timber pods, log fuelled hot tubs and cast-iron fire pits with pizza ovens.
Whatever your style and whatever you want from a holiday, our Yorkshire glamping experience is unrivalled.
Highly Rated by Campsites.co.ukTripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2018CoolCamping Certificate of Excellence
Outstanding views from your private hot tub
The ultimate outdoor glamping experience
Outstanding views from your Private Hot Tub
Each of our luxury timber glamping pods and bell tents has its own log-fired hot tub located outside your accommodation on your private patio. The heat is generated through a log burner for an extremely authentic and eco friendly experience.
- Our timber hot tubs are fuelled by sustainable wood and are simple to use.
- We will pre-light your hot tub so that it is nicely warming ready for your arrival
- 1 bag of logs is included so that you can get the hot tub up to your preferred temperature
- Stays warm for up to 14 hours and accommodates 4 – 5 people.
- Extra logs (£9), kindling (£4), firelighters (£2) and matches (£1) and are provided at your accommodation and you only pay for what you use when you check out.
- Full information for the operation and use of the hot tub will be sent by email prior to your arrival and detailed in our welcome pack
Read Instructions for Hot Tub
Bring your swimmers and get ready to unwind in your own wood-fired hot tub located on your private patio with stunning views down the Wharfe Valley. The wooden tub, with a plastic liner, has generous seating inside and lights up at night with subtle LED lighting.
Can I bring my own wood for the hot tub or fire pit? We do not allow guests to bring their own wood or charcoal. Sustainably sourced, kiln dried timber will be provided at the accommodation.
Hot Tub User Guide
This guide has been prepared so that you can get the most out of your hot tub during your stay. It details the best way to get it up to temperature and the health and safety risks you need to be aware of.
Your hot tub has been filled with fresh spring water and has been pre-lit so that it is nicely warming ready for your arrival. We advise aiming for a temperature of around 38°C.
Please do not empty the hot tub, we will do this after you have checked out. Emptying it when hot can cause irreparable damage to the internal plastic liner. Chlorine has been added to your hot tub and we will monitor the levels during your stay to ensure your safety.
To light the hot tub stove, please follow the instructions below. If you have just arrived, please skip to number 5.
- Open the door on the side of the hot tub and Insert firelighters. Light them using matches.
- Carefully add kindling around the burning firelighters in a pyramid shape and close the door.
- Below the door is an ash pan tray, which also acts as a draft regulator. Pull the tray out 5cm for maximum airflow. This will accelerate the fire and give maximum heat.
- When the kindling is burning well, carefully add logs around and above the kindling. For an optimum fire, cross the logs over each other, leaving gaps for the flames to get through.
- You will need to add more logs regularly until the water is up to temperature.
- Repeat until the temperature of the hot tub reaches 35°C. A duck thermometer is provided.
- The hot tub will continue to heat up to the optimum 38°C. Push the ash pan tray (below the stove door) back in to reduce the airflow and slow the fire down. You should not enter the hot tub if it is over this temperature.
- If you leave the insulated lid on overnight your hot tub will still be hot in the morning.
- Please do not put any wood in the stove on the morning you leave as we need it to cool down so that we can empty it for the next customers.
- CHILDREN MUST SPEND NO MORE THAN 15 MINUTES IN THE HOT TUB AND THE MAXIMUM TEMPERATURE SHOULD BE 35.5°C. THEY MUST ALWAYS BE SUPERVISED.
- ADULTS SHOULD SPEND NO MORE THAN 20 MINUTES IN THE HOT TUB AND THE MAXIMUM TEMPERATURE SHOULD BE 38°C
- IGNORING THE ABOVE CAN RESULT IN FAINTING WHICH COULD LEAD TO DROWNING
- Please shower with soap and water before and after using the hot tub
- Never use glass near or in the hot tub. Plastic glasses are provided
- The lid must always be kept on the hot tub when not in use for safety reasons.
- Don't touch the chimney or wood-burning stove (except for the door handle) as they may be very hot.
- Do not tamper with the hot tub other than as described in the user guide. If any fault or damage occurs with the hot tub, please contact reception as soon as possible. Unfortunately, any damage caused to the hot tub will need to be paid for.
- Hot tubs cannot be used if you are pregnant.
- People with infection, open sores, or wounds should not use the hot tub as it increases the risk of bacterial or microbial infection.
- The use of alcohol or medication, before or during hot tub use is prohibited.
- Persons suffering from obesity or with a medical history of heart disease, low or high blood pressure, circulation problems or diabetes, should consult a doctor before using the hot tub.
- Never use the hot tub alone. Take care when entering and leaving the hot tub as the steps may be slippery.
- Do not use any electrical appliances near or in the hot tub.
- Parents are advised that the hot tubs are not suitable for children under the age of four. Children aged over four should only be allowed in the hot tub if they can stand on the bottom and their head is fully out of the water.
Our luxury Yorkshire glamping accommodation nestles on the hillside at the edge of the woodland and has the most amazing views over the valley whilst also being surrounded by beautiful wildlife and nature.
Connected or disconnected? You choose...
We understand that some people like to escape from technology, but for those who can't live without it while you're glamping, your timber pod or bell tent has wifi installed.
A Natural Playground
Kids will love exploring the surrounding woodland, playing games and making friends in the fields around the farm and campsite, keeping them occupied for hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
What time can I arrive and depart? Check in is from 3:30pm until 7pm each day (9pm Friday, high season only) unless you have prebooked a 1:30pm early arrival. Check out is at 10:00am. Please contact us if you would like to add this to your booking. Please note we have limited availabilty each day.
Are dogs allowed in the glamping accommodation? 3 of our glamping pods are dog friendly. To book a stay with your dog you must select one of these pods - The Duck, The Pheasant and The Stag. The cost is £25 for your stay for 1 dog and this includes a towel, blanket, poo bags, treats and additional cleaning after your stay. We can accommodate an additional dog at the discretion of our team, please give us a call on 01756710247. We do not allow dogs in our bell tents. For full details of our rules for dogs, please click this link.
Why can't I see the dog extra on the extras page? This means our dog friendly pods are unavailable on the dates you have selected.
Can I smoke in the glamping accommodation?Smoking is strictly prohibited in the pods and bell tents. If there is evidence of smoking this will result in you forfeiting your deposit.
What should we do if we lose, break or damage something?Please let us know so that we can replace or repair it. An inventory for each pod and bell tent is provided and you should check this on arrival. Items that are missing, broken or damaged during your stay will need to be paid for. We will make a charge from your security deposit for all items not paid for prior to departure.
Do we need to clean before we leave?Please leave your glamping accommodation as you found it. Please wash, dry and put away all kitchen equipment and a quick clean of the surfaces and a sweep around before you leave will be sufficient. In the kitchen you'll find the required cleaning equipment. Unfortunately, guests who leave a mess will be charged a £25 additional cleaning fee
Will our pod or bell tent be cleaned, or bedding changed during our stay?We will change your towels and bedding, on request, if you are staying for a week or longer.
Can we cook in the pods and bell tents?The pods have a small kitchen with a two-ring ceramic hob and microwave. The bell tents have a log burner with cooking plate. Both have a pizza oven below the outside fire pit. Your pod or bell tent is well kitted out with pots, pans and cooking utensils.
Can we BBQ?Each pod and bell tent has a fire pit including a cooking grill that can be used to bbq.
How many people can the accommodation sleep?The pods can sleep up to 6 but we recommend no more than 4 adults. The bell tents can sleep up to 4 but we recommend no more than 2 adults.
Do you allow group bookings in the timber pods or bell tents?If you or your group plan to book more than 2 timber pods or bell tents, please call us to discuss your requirements before making a booking. We may cancel group bookings without prior notice if you have not contacted us.