Places to Visit On the Doorstep
Catgill Farm is wonderfully located in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. One of the main reasons people love coming here is because there is so much to do nearby without needing a car.
Take a look at the map and our list of interesting destinations, both within walking distance and a short drive away, to help you plan your stay
We are Here!
Hesketh Farm Park 0.1 mile away
Family run working sheep and beef farm. Animals to feed and stroke including cows, sheep, pigs, donkeys, ponies & goats.
Devonshire Arms 0.7 miles away
Popular country pub. Outside seating with stunning views over the river. 15 minutes walk.
Village Shop 0.7 miles away
Shop and Post Office. Stocking unusual gifts, pictures and greetings cards
Tea on the Green 0.7 miles away
Situated in the village serving soups, sandwiches and cakes. Also offers a takeaway service perfect for a picnic
Bolton Abbey Tea Cottage 0.8 miles away
Marvelous views overlooking the Priory ruins and the river Wharfe. Serving morning coffee, lunch and afternoon tea
Bolton Abbey Priory 0.9 miles away
Full of history and legend these magnificent ruins date back to the 12th Century.
Riverside Picnic Area 1.0 miles away
A beach like area looking out over the river towards the Priory.Stepping-stones across the river
Fountain Monument 1.2 miles away
Grade II listed building. A memorial with a fountain dating from 1886
Abbey Tea Rooms 1.2 miles away
Originally the old forge that has recently been refurbished. Serving a variety of hot and cold refreshments
Buffers Coffee Shop 1.3 miles away
Café and model railway gallery.
Billy Bobs Diner 1.5 miles away
50s style diner & Serving breakfast. Meals throughout the day & Yorkshire ice cream.
Good Idea Farm Shop 1.6 miles away
Serving tea and coffee. Selling local fruit and vegetables, award winning preserves home made cakes & furniture.
Cavendish Pavillion 1.8 miles away
Victorian style station building. Hot and cold refreshments every day. Riverside location
The Bodgers Camp 2.5 miles away
Strid wood wooden animal making courses
The Strid 2.8 miles away
A notorious deep and narrow channel in the river Wharfe.
Embsay Steam Railway 3.9 miles away
Steam trains run most weekends throughout the year. Occasional visits by Thomas the tank engine and friends
Places to Visit Further Afield
Addingham 5 minute drive
- Local village with excellent pubs serving good food and local beers
- Co-op food shop which has most things you will need.
- Spice Fusion Indian takeaway – delivers to the campsite.
- Kids playground and park.
Burnsall 15 minute drive
- Situated on the River Wharfe
- Five arched bridge over which the Dales Way passes
- Large grassy area on the riverbank for picnics and barbeques
- Red Lion pub
Skipton 10 minute drive
- Busy market town (Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday)
- Castle dating back to 1090
- Boat trips along the canal
- Bizzie Lizzies award winning fish and chip shop
- Shopping – department stores through to individual more quirky shops
- Cycle Hire
Ikley 10 minute drive
- Picturesque town
- Cow and calf rocks
- Ilkley moor and White wells café
- Riverside walks beginning of the Dales Way
- Lido and indoor swimming pool
- The Manor House dating back to the 14th century
- Good mixture of independent and high street shops
- Numerous pubs, cafes and restaurants including the famous Bettys tea rooms
Grassington 25 minute drive
- Attractive Yorkshire Dales village
- Beautiful stone buildings
- Good variety of unusual shops
- Friendly pubs and cafes